I am on H1B and filed for a transfer to a new employer. That case is still pending. My wife wants to file for a change to F-1. Can I apply to change to F-2 with her F-1 COS application?


It is possible to file a COS to F-2 while an H1B COE is pending. But, if the pending H1B COE petition is serving as a ‘bridge’ for your status, then it typically would need to be approved before the F-2 COS application can be approved. (15.Aug.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.