I have a valid H1B, but am in India and do not have a project in the U.S. I also have an H-4 visa stamp. Can I come to the U.S. on my H-4? What should I expect from the immigration officers at the POE?


If the H-4 visa stamp is valid and unexpired, it could be used to reenter the U.S., as long as one is still married to the primary beneficiary in H1B status. The POE officers need proof of H-4 eligibility, such as a copy of the spouse’s H1B approval notice, marriage certificate, spouse’s pay slips, etc. (15.Aug.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.