My mother has an advance parole document she received while her I-485 was pending. After her I-485 was approved, she left the U.S. for an extended trip. Can she use the same advance parole to reenter the U.S.?


Advance parole permits one to enter while the I-485 is pending. It generally cannot be used after the I-485 has been approved. You may wish to schedule a consultation with an attorney who can review your mother’s situation in greater detail and determine what options may be available. (26.Sep.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.