What is the quickest way to bring to the U.S. the spouse of a GC holder?


Unfortunately, this is a difficult scenario. The GC spouse needs to file an I-130 in the FB2A category, but this can have a priority date wait of several years. The foreign national can potentially come on a nonimmigrant visa of his/her own, such as an H1B or L-1 visa; but “purely” nonimmigrant visas, like F-1 student or B-2 visitor are likely to be refused because of immigrant intent. (07.Nov.2016)

Questions frequently reach us from students on a variety of matters. This is a sample question, answered by an attorney in our firm. More information can be found in the student section of MurthyDotCom.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.