What documents do I need to travel while my I-485 is pending?


Normally, once an individual has filed the I-485 application, s/he must obtain an approved advance parole document in order to be able to travel without abandoning the application. The only general exception is if the individual leaves and returns in one of the limited visas that allows dual intent, such as H1B or L-1. (12.Dec.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.