Can I travel between the U.S. and Puerto Rico while in H1B status, even though I don’t have a valid visa stamp?


Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. This generally would be considered domestic travel, and one typically would not need a valid visa “stamp;” just a valid ID to board the plane is all that normally would be needed. (23.Jan.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.