I am in F-1 student status working on OPT. I recently got married to a U.S. citizen. We are about to file all the required paperwork to get my green card. …

… Will I be able to use my EAD to continue working on OPT after the filing?


Yes, you should be able to continue working on OPT in valid F-1 status until the USCIS issues your new EAD based on your I-485 application for adjustment of status. At that point, you should start using your new EAD based on your green card case. (10.Feb.2017)

Questions frequently reach us from students on a variety of matters. This is a sample question, answered by an attorney in our firm. More information can be found in the student section of MurthyDotCom.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved


Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.