I am a U.S. citizen and just got married to a woman who lives in India. I am now sponsoring her for a green card. Can I live with her in India while the case is pending?


Yes, a U.S. citizen is permitted to live abroad while a family-based green card case is pending, as long as the intent is to return to the U.S. to reside, once the immigrant visa is issued. (13.Mar.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.