My H1B extension is pending and my spouse is abroad. Can she apply for an H-4 visa stamp now?


This generally would be possible only if the current H1B petition has not yet expired. Otherwise, one will have to wait for the approval of the extension. (26.Jun.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.