I applied for a change of status from B-2 to H-4 right before my I-94 expired. It has now almost been 180 days, but my application is still pending. Do I need to leave before I reach the 180-day mark?


Normally, one who has timely filed a change-of-status application is in a “period of authorized stay” until a decision is issued, regardless of how long it takes. (17.Jul.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.