I was working in H1B status, but I was terminated and my H1B was revoked. I have since converted to H-4 status. Can a new employer file my H1B now?


In general, one in this situation is considered to have been ‘counted against’ the H1B cap. This typically means that an H1B may be filed for the person without having to go through the lottery again. (14.Aug.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.