I am being sponsored for an H1B extension/change of employer. Do I need to file an H-4 extension for my husband at the same time, or can his H-4 extension be filed later?


Either option would generally be acceptable, although filing together can prevent mistakes later on. It is easy to forget to extend the H-4. (05.Feb.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.