I applied for a change of status from H-4 to H1B. My H-4 I-94 will soon be expiring, and my H1B petition is still pending. Is that a problem?


One normally would be in a “period of authorized stay” and be permitted to remain in the U.S. until a decision is issued on the pending change-of-status application. (06.Aug.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.