My H1B extension has been pending for months, and my I-94 just expired. My project will soon end. Can I file an application to change status to H-4?


In general, if a change-of-status application is filed while a timely-filed extension is pending, and one’s I-94 has expired, the USCIS will only approve the change of status if the extension is approved. (25.Feb.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.