When I filed my first H1B petition, I only had a bachelor’s degree in computer science. I have since completed a master’s degree in computer science. Can I include it when I file for my H1B extension?


One could reference a subsequently obtained master’s degree in an H1B extension. However, this would generally not provide any particular benefit, unless one had been moved to a position that requires a master’s degree. (04.Mar.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.