Can I port from EB2 to EB1 while I am in India, or do I need to first come back to the U.S.?


“Porting” is just the filing of a new I-140 petition. One generally does not need to be in the United States for the filing of an I-140 petition. (17.Jun.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.