My project ended and I now am looking for a new H1B employer. I have about 10 days left of my 60-day grace period. If a new employer files an LCA for me within the 60 days, can the H1B change-of-employer then be filed shortly after the 60 days have passed?


Generally speaking, no, this would not work. In order to be able to port to a new H1B employer, one would need to have the change-of-employer petition filed within the 60-day grace period. (21.Aug.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.