My H-4 EAD is about to expire. Can I make an expedite request so that I do not lose my job?


It is possible to make an expedite request. However, unless you can evidence a truly compelling reason, the request is not likely to be granted. An overview of the current expedite criteria can be found in the 03 June 2019, MurthyDotCom NewsBrief, USCIS Implements Stricter Expedite Request Criteria. (28.Jan.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.