I am in H1B status. My sibling is a U.S. citizen and filed an I-130 for me, which was recently approved. Can I use that to now apply for an EAD?


An EAD application cannot typically be filed based on an approved I-130 until the priority date is current and the I-485 application is filed. (04.Mar.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.