I recently had to renew my passport. Can I use my new passport, along with the unexpired B-1/B-2 visa in my old passport, to enter the U.S.?


Generally speaking: yes, a person may present a valid B-1/B-2 visa in an expired passport along with the new, unexpired passport to request admission in B-1/B-2 status. (08.Apr.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.