My H1B extension was denied and my I-94 has already expired. If my employer files a motion to reopen, am I allowed to remain in the U.S. while the motion is pending?


No, as a general rule, filing a motion does not provide a person with lawful status or any other form of authorization to remain in the U.S. (28.Apr.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.