I am in H-4 status and do not have an EAD. Can I volunteer for a local nonprofit organization?


We typically advise that if a person in H-4 status without an EAD wishes to perform volunteer work, it should only be in a position that would normally be filled by a volunteer.  (29.Sep.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.