Is it possible to file an H1B amendment and extension at the same time?


Yes, it is very common to request and extension of status when filing an H1B amendment If you look at the I-129 form, you will see the options asking what action/s are desired. If the beneficiary is eligible to extend H1B status, the extension request can be included in the same I-129 as the amendment. (07.Sep.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.