I understand that an H1B amendment is required when I move to a new work location. Is it permissible though to move to the location once we get the LCA, as long as we then file the H1B amendment?


No, applying for an LCA (or receiving the certified LCA back from the DOL) does not provide any direct immigration benefit. If there is a material change in the job, such as when an H1B worker is moving outside the area of intended employment, then the H1B amendment typically must be filed before the change occurs. (21.Sep.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.