When my H1B petition was filed, my employer listed on the I-129 that the consulate in Chennai should be notified. I actually want to apply for my visa stamp in Hyderabad, though. Will that be a problem?


Normally, applying for a visa foil (or “stamp”) at a different consulate than the one listed on the I-129 is not much of an issue. It may result in a small delay, but such delays typically are resolved in under 2 weeks. (15.Nov.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.