My H1B was approved, but my employer says they never received a copy of the approval notice. Can I request the USCIS send a copy to me?


The H1B employer may file a form I-824 with the USCIS to request a duplicate copy of an approval notice, but this cannot be filed by the H1B beneficiary.

However, you may file a Freedom of Information Act request with the USCIS, asking for documents related to your H1B approval. The USCIS may provide you with a copy of the approval notice and/or with related documents. (19.Jun.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.