Anupama represents employers before the USCIS and DOL in connection with petitions and applications for nonimmigrant employees. Anupama has particular expertise in certain areas of nonimmigrant visas including H1B, L, TN for both IT and non-IT companies.
Anupama worked as in-house immigration counsel for an information technology company, focusing mainly on H1B and PERM applications. Prior to joining our firm in 2011, she worked as a contract attorney for a law firm dealing with naturalization and family-based immigration cases.
• Experience representing and advising individuals and companies on U.S. immigration laws
• Established an in-house immigration department for an IT services provider and represented the company in employment-based, nonimmigrant and immigrant matters
• Conducted internal audit for the company encompassing I-9 verification, public access file, and other record keeping procedures
EDUCATION & ADMISSIONS
• Bachelor of Laws, University of Madras, India
• Master of Laws, University of Georgia at Athens
• Admitted to the New York State Bar
• Fluent in Tamil