Is it better to remain on H1B or switch to EAD when I return to the U.S. after a trip abroad?


It is typically best to try to stay on H1B, but this is not a one-dimensional issue. There can be risks in applying for H1B visas, and situations where it is less risky to use the AP for travel because of visa concerns. (04.Jan.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.