I am in H1B status and have a valid H1B visa stamp. If I move to H-4, can I still travel outside the U.S. with my existing H1B visa stamp?


Generally speaking, if a foreign national changes to H-4 status and then travels outside the U.S. (with the exception of Canada or Mexico for trips of fewer than 30 days), s/he will need to obtain an H-4 visa stamp to reenter in H-4 status. (17.Oct.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.