My I-140 is approved and my I-485 is pending. Can I travel to my home country and work there until my I-485 is approved?


Generally speaking, one is permitted to travel while the I-485 is pending, assuming that one has a valid advance parole document. One would need to return before the expiration of the AP. (14.Nov.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.