If I have an approved I-140 and then leave the country, will I still be able to file my I-485 when the priority date becomes current?


If one in this situation is still being offered the same job by the I-140 sponsor, the case could be converted to “consular processing” by filing an I-824. One would apply for an immigrant visa at the U.S. consulate. (24.Jul.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.