Can I travel outside the U.S. while my application to change status from H-4 to H1B is pending?


Travel while a change of status to H1B is pending automatically abandons the COS request, and “converts” the case to consular processing. Once approved, the person typically would need to obtain an H1B visa ‘stamp’ to be admitted in H1B status. (13.Nov.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.