I am in H1B status with a valid I-94 and a pending H1B amendment. Can I apply for a change of status to H-4 while the amendment is still pending?


Yes, assuming one otherwise qualifies for H-4 status, s/he ordinarily may apply for a change of status while an H1B amendment is still pending. (04.Dec.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.