Am I allowed to enter on ESTA and then apply for a green card through my U.S. citizen wife?


Entering as a visitor (either using ESTA or a B-1/B-2 visa), and then filing for permanent residence normally would be considered fraud, particularly if the filing took place within 90 days of entry as a visitor. (08.Jan.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.