Can I file an H1B change of employer petition after my 60-day grace period ends?


One normally is not prevented from being sponsored for an H1B position simply because the grace period has ended. However, if the grace period has expired, the H1B normally will be approved only for consular notification (i.e. without an I-94 card). It therefore will require travel outside the U.S. to regain valid status. (12.Feb.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.