I have an approved I-140. If I change to a new H1B employer, can my spouse continue to work using her H-4 EAD?


Yes, the change of employer should not affect the validity of the EAD. However, if the I-140 has been approved for fewer than 180 days, the employer may still revoke it, making it impossible to extend the EAD. (09.Apr.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.