I helped my mother apply for a B-2 visitor visa a few years ago. She has visited me a couple of times in Washington D.C. over the past few years. Now she wishes to visit my sister, who lives in California. Can she use the existing B-2 to fly into an airport in California? Or, does my sister have to sponsor them for a new B-2 visa?


A B-2 visa is not “sponsored” by anyone. Once the visa is issued, it can be used to request admission for any valid B-2 purpose at any U.S. port of entry. (11.Jun.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.