Last time I entered the U.S., my I-94 date was cut short because my passport was expiring in a few months. I have now renewed my passport, but my I-94 will be expiring soon. Is there a way to update my I-94 now based on my new passport?


If an I-94 is truncated because of a passport expiration, one normally would need to either travel outside the U.S. and return, or file an application or petition for extension of status before the I-94 expires. (18.Jun.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.