When an H1B change of employer to Company B is approved, is there a time limit to actually join Company B? Can one still continue with Company A?


One generally can continue with Company A indefinitely, as long as Company A’s H1B approval remains valid. Joining the new employer is never required. If one does not join Company B within 60 days, however, Company B is supposed to withdraw the H1B petition. (09.Jul.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.