Can an F-1 student invest in a U.S. business?


An individual in F-1 status without an EAD typically can only engage in passive investments in the U.S. If you are uncertain whether an investment would be treated as active vs. passive you should consult with an attorney. (20.Aug.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.