Can I renew my B-1/B-2 visitor visa from within the U.S.?


We would need to clarify the terminology here – a visa (i.e. the foil, or “stamp,” inside one’s passport) can only be renewed abroad at a U.S. embassy. This document is only used for entering the U.S. One’s B-1/B-2 status, however, can be extended within the U.S. by filing an application for extension of status (I-539) with the USCIS. (27.Aug.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.