My bachelor’s degree is in a completely different field of study from my master’s degree. Can I file for an H1B position working in either field?


The H1B category is limited to specialty occupations, meaning that the position normally requires at least a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study. So, if you have a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in a field of study related to the position being offered to you, you should qualify (even if the position has nothing to do with your other degree). (22.Oct.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.