Can a minor child apply for a U.S. passport while an N-600 application is pending? He became a U.S. citizen based on his parents’ approved N-400 applications.


Applying for a U.S. passport and/or an N-600 certificate of citizenship are both independent options for one who has automatically acquired U.S. citizenship, and can be pursued independently. Neither is required in this situation. A passport generally may be faster. (29.Oct.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.