I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, and I am working in H1B as a mechanical engineer. I also have an MS in computer science. Could I change to an IT H1B job?


One normally could apply for H1B status with any job for which one is qualified (assuming the position is a specialty occupation). (19.Nov.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.