I applied for an H1B visa at the consulate, but was issued a 221(g) several months ago. The U.S. employer grew tired of waiting and fired me. My wife is in the U.S. in H1B status. Can I now apply for an H-4 visa?


There is nothing preventing one in this situation from scheduling another interview and applying for an H-4 visa. You likely will be asked to withdraw the pending H1B, which is of little impact, as the job is no longer available anyway. (25.Mar.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.