Do I need an H1B amendment if my job location stayed within the same MSA, and the project is with a different division within the same end-client?


An H1B amendment is required if there has been a material change in one’s job duties, or if one has moved to a new metropolitan area (MSA). Given that the new job is within the same MSA, an amendment likely would be necessary only if the work in the new division is a material change from what was indicated in the approved H1B petition. (08.Apr.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.