An RFE regarding maintenance of status was issued on my H1B petition. My employer wants to withdraw the change-of-status request, and switch it to consular notification. Is that a good idea?


Generally, an H1B petitioner can switch a case from Change of Status to Consular Notification. Whether it is a good idea, however, can depend on multiple factors. You and/or the employer should discuss this with an attorney before deciding how to proceed. (15.Apr.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.