My H1B petition and visa “stamp” expire in three months. Can I still use them to enter the U.S.?


In general, there is no requirement that one have a particular period of validity remaining to enter the U.S. in H1B status. Assuming the position is still available, one may request admission in H1B status for the remaining three-month period. (13.May.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.