Am I allowed to work for a non E-Verify participating company on STEM OPT?


While on your STEM-OPT, you must be working for an E-Verify enrolled employer. Any change in employer must be reported to your DSO and the correct I-983 paperwork submitted. Failure to take these steps could result in a determination of status violation and related adverse immigration consequences. (03.Jun.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.