I am filing a change-of-status application from H1B to H-4 shortly before my H1B I-94 expires. Can I stay in the U.S. while the application is pending, even after my I-94 expires?


One who has timely filed for a change or extension of status normally would be permitted to remain in the U.S. until a decision on the application is issued. (07.Aug.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.